How to create a Twitter Bot within few minutes
How to create a Twitter Bot within few minutes?
Nowadays there are a lot of bots on twitter and can do a lot of interesting things for us. For example, @WhatTheFare will tell you Uber Fare between two locations, @Netflix_Bot will give you the new things streaming on Netflix, @HundredZeroes gives you a list of free ebooks on Amazon, etc.
Twitter Bots can be used to automate retweeting or favoriting tweets that match some conditions. It can also be used to follow users who tweeted a phrase or a word in particular. An auto-reply Twitter bot can automatically generate responses when a brand is tagged in a @mention on Twitter and can also send a DM (direct message) to all the users who follow you on Twitter.
Creating a bot requires knowledge of python, ruby or node.js, But Amit Aggarwal (Founder Labnol.org) has made this really easy for us to create bots for twitter which are hosted on Google Servers. Just visit the link https://digitalinspiration.com/bots and create your own bots which are developed by Amit Aggarwal using Google Scripts.
Step by Step Guide on how to create your bot.
- Create an account which will work as a bot. Open apps.twitter.com, sign-in with the Twitter account you created and start of with creating a Twitter application. Give a name to your app and some additional info.Now put any URL in the website field and submit the form.
- Once the app is up, Hop on to the Modify App Permissions in App Settings and put the access levels on Read, Write and Access Direct Messages.
- Go to the Keys and Access Tokens tab and Create My Access Token button which will generate the Consumer Keys and Access tokens .
- Go to digitalinspiration.com/bots
- Enter the Twitter Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Secret
- Enter the phrase for which you want the bot to get activated.
- Click Save and the Twitter bot will now be active.